Sr Software Quality Engineer
- Developers that love to test!
- Are familiar with some of the common automated test suites out there like Watir, Selenium, PhantomJS, etc.
- Proactive problem solvers with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Open to working in a collaborative and Agile development environment.
- Independently motivated, desire to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead quality assurance testing for a highly available, large-scale, telephony and analytics company.
- Stand up and lead continuous integration and related tools (Jenkins/Hudson).
- Operate a continuous delivery environment.
- Manage release expectations and impacts to customers including internal and external release notes.
- Write test plans and test cases (automated) for web applications and telephone systems.
- Improve, optimize, and identify opportunities for improved software development practices.
- Works with technical support engineers to troubleshoot critical defects.
- Will Evaluate ATDD, and decide if it is an organization need.
- Can create mocks, load and clean up a temporary data store.
- Can test and automate customer facing web service API’s.
- Working knowledge of version control (GIT).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or other related disciplines
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required & Preferred:
- At least 2 years hands-on scripting (automation) experience in any of the following languages - JAVA, Python, Ruby, Groovy.
- Extensive hands-on QA & white box testing, and automation.
- Strong prior experience in QA test technologies like Selenium, WATIR, JUnit, TestNG or equivalent technologies required.
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc)
- 2 - 5 years distributed software development experience. Alternative experience can be discussed.
- Understands and has tested a ROA (Rest-Oriented Architecture).
- Understands object oriented design, software design patterns, and coding conventions.
- Transparent to business partners on the impact of balancing customer needs with quality selection and implementation.
- You are familiar with tools and practices tied to agile, lean, scrum and kanban. Particularly iteration planning, sizing, test driven development, and frequent releases.
- Ability to clearly communicate via verbal and written communication, particularly the ability to articulate strategies tied to quality assurance.
To apply to this opportunity, please email melissa@OpusOneStaffing.com